Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze Dies at Age 57

Patrick Swayze Dies at Age 57





Autographed Picture of Patrick Swayze



After a two-year battle with Pancreatic Cancer, movie star Patrick Swayze died today at the age of 57. According to Swayze’s publicist, he passed away with his family on his side. Swayze, who became a breakout star after his biggest hit “Dirty Dancing,” went on to make his mark in the industry with movies such as Ghost and Point Blank.

Here is the official statement from Swayze’s publicist: “Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months,”

His movie Ghost was the inspiration for the Hip Hop terminologies during the 90's for "leaving a spot" or "getting outa here" such as "I'm Ghost, I'm Swayze" and the ununified versions "I'm Ghost" and "I'm Swayze"




Picture Of Patrick Swayze's Hollywood Star


R.I.P. Patrick Swayze
P.S. I loved the movie Ghost

- Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment